Click on a question to drop down to the answer.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLINE AND IN STORE PRICES MAY VARY
- What is Scooter Hut’s “We’ve Got Your Back” warranty?
- Is it safe to order online?
- It is 100% secure to shop online at Scooter Hut. Our website is secured by the highest level 256-bit encryption SSL Certificate from Norton. This means that any data you enter into our website, including your name, address, phone number and credit card details are encrypted so that nobody can gain access to that data. We invest thousands of dollars annually to ensure our website is protected by the very highest standards in internet security, meaning you can shop with confidence in our online store.
- When I place an order, how long will it take to arrive at my address?
- 95% of orders are despatched within 24hrs of the order being received.
- What payment methods can I use to pay for my order?
- You can pay for your online orders through our secure checkout using your MasterCard, Visa, Paypal or Paypal Express. You can also pay by bank deposit (details given when you go through checkout) or you can send a Cheque or Money Order (again, details given when you checkout). We currently do not accept Amex or Diners.
- How is my order sent?
- We take great care to ensure your order arrives in perfect condition. We send all orders in protective cardboard boxing. This ensures every product you order arrives to your door in perfect condition.
- Do you deliver to PO Boxes
- We deliver to any PO box in Australia
- Can you ship to my work address?
- You can select to have your order shipped to any address you please. Just follow the prompts at checkout.
- Must I be home to sign for my parcel?
- All parcels we send out require a signature upon delivery. You may request for the delivery person to leave your package in a secure location, but this is done at your own risk. Normally, if you are out when delivery is attempted, a card will be left in your mailbox, and you can collect the parcel from your local Post Office
- Can I track my order?
- You can track your order online. When your order is despatched, you will be sent a tracking number, allowing you to find out where your order is at any time.
- What currency are your prices in?
- All our prices are show in Australian Dollars. You can still purchase using your own currency, as our payment gateway shows you the amount you will be paying in your local currency before committing to the purchase.
- Can I use a different delivery address from my own?
- It is easy to specify a different delivery address to your own. Simply follow the prompts at checkout to provide us with a different delivery address to your own.
- Do you offer Express Shipping?
- We provide Express shipping on every product in our store, except complete scooters, dirt scooters, and custom scooters. Express shipping takes approximately 1 – 3 working days to most destinations in Australia. Items sent standard delivery take approximately 2 to 5 working days depending on your location. All international orders are shipped using Express Courier service, which takes approximately 3 to 7 working days, depending on your location.
- What happens if I order the wrong product?
- We make it easy to return products bought from our store. The packing slip in your order contains all the necessary details to return a product to us. If you live close enough to one of our stores, you can also return a product to that store. We can offer you a refund, exchange or credit note on any unwanted item, covering the cost of the actual product returned. We do not offer credit or refund on the initial postage costs or the return postage costs.
- What happens if you send me the wrong product?
- The people that work for us are made up from predominantly human DNA. Whilst this makes it a fun place to work, it also opens up the opportunity for errors to be made. If we send you out the wrong item, we will send you a prepaid returns label for you to return the item, and you will receive the correct item in no time at all. We will pay for all postage costs in this scenario.
- What happens if the product I ordered is faulty?
- In the unlikely scenario of receiving a faulty product, you should contact us by telephone or email using the details provided on your packing slip. We will then organise for the return of the product (at our expense), and for a replacement to be sent out (again, at our expense). We will only accept returns on faulty products up to 30 days after receipt of the goods. These terms are for faulty products only, and does not impact on any warranties given with products.
- How do I receive my Free sticker sheet with my order?
- All orders are sent with an exclusive FREE sticker sheet worth $10.00 You don’t need to select it at checkout…we just pop it in with your purchase. (Subject to availability).
- How do I win a prize in the #SCOOTLOOT promotion?
- Our #SCOOTLOOT promotion is easy to enter. Simply take a picture of your received goods and post it on your own Instagram, Facebook or Twitter page. Be sure to tag your photo with #SCOOTLOOT so we can find it. We will then randomly pick a winner each month. For full terms and conditions and rules on entering click here
- Can I purchase a Gift Certificate online?
- You can purchase a Gift Certificate online by clicking here
- Do you ship overseas?
- We ship to any country in the world. A table of approximate shipping costs can be found here. All products shipped from Australia are sent Express Courier, insured and fully trackable. Delivery to most countries takes no more than 5 - 7 working days.
- Do I have to pay taxes on my purchase?
For purchases within Australia:
If you are purchasing within Australia, all prices are shown inclusive of GST, and the GST component of your purchase is highlighted separately on your invoice.
For Purchases outside of Australia:
If you are purchasing from outside Australia, you do not get charged local Australian GST tax. However, your purchase may be subject to your own country’s local taxes and custom charges. We cannot control these charges, and it is advisable to check your own country’s customs and tax laws if you are not comfortable with paying duties and taxes on your purchase when it arrives in your country.
- What if I want a product that you don’t stock?
- We stock the widest range of freestyle scooter products. (about 500 more products than any other retailer). If we don’t stock a brand it is most likely to be because it hasn’t passed our stringent quality tests, or has a poor record of product failure or fatigue
- What if I order a product that you have sold out of?
- From time to time we may sell out of a product but it may still appear on the website. The likelihood is it will be in stock again within a day or two, so you should still receive your order within a very reasonable time frame. We will contact you if your order will be delayed by more than 24hrs.
- What size bars should I be riding?
- All freestyle scooters come with one-piece fixed bars. The height and width of your bars is a personal preference, but if you are new to the sport, it is recommended that the crossbar should sit just above your waist. This is a comfortable height for most people. The width of your bars should be about 10 to 20cm wider than your shoulder width, again depending on whether you want your bars to feel narrow or feel wide.
- How does your bar-cutting service work?
- We offer a free bar-cutting service so that you can buy the bars you want without having the hassle and expense of cutting the bars once you get them. For full details on our bar-cutting service please click here
- What is the difference between “standard” bars and “HIC/Oversized” bars?
- Bars are made out of either chromolly or aluminium. Chromolly Bars come in two downtube external diameters – standard (31.8mm) and oversized/HIC (34.9mm). The standard bars work with standard clamps, iHIC compression, SCS compression clamps and ICS compression. Oversized/HIC bars will work with HIC compression, oversized clamps, and most SCS compression clamps. Aluminium bars are manufactured with a thicker wall than chromolly bars, so they have a standard internal diameter, but an oversized external diameter. This means they work with oversized clamps, ICS, iHIC and most SCS compression clamps. Aluminium bars cannot work with HIC compression.
- Will any grips fit on my bars?
- All grips will fit onto any handlebar. The only parts that might not fit are the bar ends. If you have chromolly bars, then all standard bar ends will fit on these. If you have aluminium bars, the bar ends from most grips will not fit in. You will need to purchase bar ends specifically made for aluminium bars. The only brand making these right now is Root Industries.
- Do I need a slit in my bars?
- The slit in the bottom of bars is designed to allow clamps to fully tighten the bars onto the forks. Your bars will need a slit in them if you run HIC, ICS, threaded, or iHIC compression. If you run SCS compression, you will need to remove the slit from your bars. Most bars designed for use with SCS come without a slit.
- What is the difference between integrated and standard decks?
- An integrated deck is designed with the headset “cups” already built into their design. An integrated headset is easier to install and uninstall, as it does not require the fitting of headset cups. It has become a common thing for scooter decks to come with integrated headset cups. You can only fit integrated headsets into integrated decks. Standard decks require standard headsets (with cups) to be fitted. These are generally quite difficult to fit and often requires a professional scooter or bike store to fit them.
- Why do decks have different headtube angles?
- Pro and Intermediate level riders will normally have a preference for different headtube angles on their decks. The different angles of the headtube simply allow for different riding styles and comfort to the rider. There is really no way to gauge what headtube angle is right for you until you’ve actually tried the deck yourself.
- What is Scooter Hut’s “We’ve Got Your Back” warranty?
- Scooter Hut’s “We’ve Got Your Back” warranty policy is the most comprehensive warranty offered by any retailer in the scooter industry. Because we only stock brands we trust, and products that our pro riders have tested, we are confident to offer our customers our own extended free warranties on all the products we sell.
- Is every product in your online store also in your physical stores?
- Most of the time our shops will stock the same items as our online store, but it is impossible to guarantee that an item online will be in our store on a specific day. If you are going to visit one of our stores and you want a very specific product, it’s always best to give us a quick call before venturing in. See our contact page for details
- What are your shop opening hours?
- Our shops all work on slightly different opening hours to best suit the local area. Visit our contact page for all these details
- What are your customer service hours?
- Our main headquarters is open Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm, Satruday 8am – 4pm and Sunday 10am – 4pm, all Eastern Standard Time. You can reach us on this service by calling 07 5593 6319
- Why can’t I contact you on the telephone number provided?
- If you are calling a shop during its opening hours, but don’t get an answer it is most likely that the staff members are serving a customer or that the line is busy. Please try again in a few minutes. If you have tried several times, please call one of our other stores and they will either look after you there and then or they can arrange for a manager from your preferred location to call you back.
Back to Top
- How do I change my password in my account?
- Simply go to the login page and click on forgotten password. We will automatically resend your password or a password hint to your registered email address.